Δευτέρα 13 Δεκεμβρίου 2010

An inspired story pt1



Μια εμπνευσμενη ιστοριουλα απο κομματι Mr rock n roll απο τη φιλη μου Ιολη..:)



''I Wish I Knew You Before

So called Mr. Rock 'n' Roll
Is dancing on his own again
Talking on his phone again
To someone who tells him that his balance is low
He's got nowhere to go
He's on his own again

Rock Chick of the century
Is acting like she used to be
Dancing like there's no one there
Before she never seemed to care
Now she wouldn't dare
It's so rock and roll to be alone

And they'll meet one day
far away
And say, "I wish I was something more."
And they'll meet one day
far away
And say, "I wish I knew you, I wish I knew you before."

Mrs. Black and White
She's never seen a shade of gray
Always something on her mind
Every single day
But now she's lost her way
And where does she go from here?

Mr. Multicultural
Sees all that one could see
He's living proof of someone
Very different from me
But now he wants to be free
Free so he can see

And they'll meet one day
far away
And say, "I wish I was something more."
And they'll meet one day
far away
And say, "I wish I knew you, I wish I knew you before."

He says, "I wish I knew you, I wish I met you
When time was still on my side."
She'll say, "I wish I knew you, I wish I loved you
Before I was his bride."

And so they must depart
Too many more are broken hearts
But I've seen that all before
In TV, books and film and more
And there's a happy ending
Every single day

And they'll meet one day
far away
And say, "I wish I was something more."
And they'll meet one day
far away
And say, "I wish I knew you, I wish I knew you before."






The bar was empty; dawn was just breaking in the horizon. The bartender was cleaning the last of the glasses left before he shut the bar to get home. He should have sent everyone away two hours ago. The bar's door had the sign "Closed" on the outside already, but there were still the last of the customers lingering inside. He was counting on some brave tips; he needed them to pay off the loan for his motorcycle. If only his manager knew; he'd have him fired in a second.

Mr. Rock 'n' Roll was clumsily shifting his weight from one foot to another as he talked to his phone. After a few shots, he'd given up the thought of going back home. He came in hopes of gathering the courage to walk back into his house but instead, after a few shots, he just decided to spend the night anywhere but there; as far from his wife as possible.

His wife, Mrs. Rock 'n' Roll was everything but Rock 'n' Roll. How they ended up married and with two children only God knew. She was the kind of woman who was looking for someone... anyone actually, so she would not spend the rest of her life alone. Mr. Rock 'n' Roll was looking for someone to get over his previous relationship - the only one that had really touched him deep down inside - so he found comfort in her embrace. One thing led to another, and it wasn't long before they walked down the aisle. But how could he be happy when he was trapped in a marriage like that? He regretted the day they were joined to each other for every single day of the rest of their lives. He cut his hair and shaved his beard for her. He worked for a real estate company, showing to future couples the homes where they shall find happiness, while his own happiness was left behind... Further and further behind... a distant memory no longer visible in the horizon.

He drowsily searched his pocket and fished out his cell-phone. It was Mrs. Rock 'n' Roll. Who else would it be at 4 A.M.? She was yelling and screaming and screeching and yelling some more. He could hear her frantic footsteps pacing up and down to the old apartment they owned - far from what he'd consider the house of his dreams. He could picture her clearly in his mind, wrapped in her pink robe, her hair filled with pins and rollers, her face covered with that green beauty night mask, the cucumber slices that were on her eyes while she was lying down were now placed on the small dish on her end table; reminding him horribly a lot of his seventy-year-old aunt. Indeed, a scary sight to behold. It seemed all too funny to him right now.

"Sure, dear, sure, get back to bed," he said soothingly; he couldn't wait for the moment he'd hung up on her. Sad to think this way, isn't it? he pondered on this revelation as he let the phone touch the table, landing inches from his drink.

He lifted his head to the speakers scattered around the room; he liked that song. He clumsily swayed to the music, smiling sheepishly as if this was the best thing he had done in ages. He felt so happy he had closed his eyes in delight.

The bartender looked up at Mr. Rock 'n' Roll, chuckling to himself; how odd people can be? he thought, and looked back down, to the army of glasses that were waiting to be washed and put back in place. The more he got done tonight, the more he could sleep in the morning. His gaze lingered to the Rock Chick on the other side of the bar, in the middle of the dancing floor, before he resumed his work.

Rock Chick was dancing as well, shaking her head to the music, stammering as much of the song's lyrics she could remember. Her date stood her up; what worse could happen to her right now? Well, nothing. She didn't give a crap about what anyone else there would think. Not that there was big crowd to observe her. Her bright red hair stood out as the dim lighting fell on her. She stopped for a second, feeling dizzy after all this dancing. She played with her lip ring, observing Mr. Rock 'n' Roll on the other side by a table. He stumbled over a chair and caught himself before he could fall on the gray carpet headfirst embarrassing himself even more.

The guy's hot, thought Rock Chick and made her way to him, moving her body to the softer melody that was playing at the moment.

She gave Mr. Rock 'n' Roll a sexy smile, and they started dancing together. She couldn’t read his face... Was that just the typical I'm-drunk-and-happy kind of smile, or was he flirting with her? He looked around her age and looked like her type as well. Messy dark hair, a small silver ring on his right ear, ripped jeans an old shirt with guitars on it.

The bartender smiled grimly as he observed the Rock Chick nearing Mr. Rock 'n' Roll. He was hitting on her earlier that night while he was making her drink, but she had flipped him off. She had been looking around anxiously, looking through the crowded bar all night long. He knew what that meant. He saw it happening almost every night. A girl, a guy, the guy stands up the girl, the girl ignores everyone and keeps holding on to the pitiful hope that her date will show up. Not even the bartender’s charming looks work when ladies are like that. And now she was talking to the other guy? Damn, he hadn't even gotten the chance to get her number.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου